Monday, September 29, 2014

World Peace 2014-2015


The beginning of school is the most difficult time for everyone, teachers, students, and parents. It's the time where they have to emerge themselves back to the mood of SCHOOL.
As a teacher, at this time of the year, teachers try to prepare the best they can, with lesson plans, decorations, syllabi, tests, exams ... but the most interesting part is when they have to think of new ideas for their  "back to school" bulletin boards. And this is where the chaos starts, where everyone tries to do her/his best by using the supplies they have at school or in their lockers, in order to create something colorful, beautiful, and interesting for their students and classes.
Unlike other years, this year I was confused and was not sure what exactly to do on the bulletin boards. So, I tried to think ... and came up with this question, what's the thing that we need the most for this year?
As a Lebanese and a citizen of the world, I got one answer; PEACE. And I wanted to reflect this on my students, by granting them the chance to discover and understand the meaning of "peace" around them.
Thus, I prepared the above bulletin board.
And I guess this is what we all need in our daily lives ... peace of mind, peace during the day, peace within the country, and peace at school ... And I thought that if PEACE starts from schools, it will eventually spread throughout the country.
For this year I wish you all a great successful and peaceful year!

2 comments:

Rawaa Shehab said...

I love all the bulletins you do dear Gassia
Let's all wish to have a peaceful year

Rana Sabbidine said...

May the dove of peace spread to bring joy and contentment throughout the year! Thumbs up to our character building program.